ISO 28000 is an international standard that defines the requirements of the Supply Chain Security Management System and provides a management model for organizations wishing to implement this system.The organization aims to effectively manage risks by integrating its activities related to supply chain security with other management systems.It also provides great support in meeting the requirements for obtaining an EU Authorized Economic Operator (AEO) certificate, which is vital for companies importing and exporting within the European Union.
ISO 28000 Supply Chain Security Management System Standard has been prepared by taking management system standards as a model.Thus, many organizations implementing risk assessment-based management systems will be able to work with a similar approach and assess the risks associated with the supply chain while implementing this new standard.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE ISO 28000 SUPPLY CHAIN SECURITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM?
- It ensures that the security risks of all sectors of the industry are determined correctly and that necessary precautions are taken and possible damage is realized at minimum.
- It provides convenience to the customs authorities by proving their ability to identify and control security risks.
- Since many requirements in the AEO applications are in line with the standard, it increases the confidence of the legal authorities in the organization.
- It increases the trust of the products / service providers.
- Increase the security of insurance companies, reduce insurance costs.
- Documentation of the system contributes to the overall image of the organization.
- Providing increases in customer satisfaction levels by meeting customer needs.
WHO CAN USE / IMPLEMENT THE ISO 28000 STANDARD?
ISO 28000 Supply Chain Security Management System Standard is a standard applicable to all private and public organizations in every sector and every dimension.